SUITE 800 VERONA
ABOUT SUITE 800 VERONA
Over the area of customs, extended between Adige and the straight stretch of the highway San Fermo, opens the district of FILIPPINI. The name derives of setting originally in the monastery adjacent to the homonymous church of the Fathers of the Congregation of the Oratory of St. Filippo Neri, which occurred in 1715. The CUSTOMS (DOGANA) dates back to 1745, when, by initiative of the Council of the City of Verona, but without prior consultation with the government of Venice, they took off work for the construction of the great factory of the Customs. On the part of the Venetian authorities there was a strong opposition to the construction of this facility, in fact, erected at short distance straight from the river, it was to perform the double work as customs of water and soil, claiming to Verona a record and autonomy of trade than the dominant. The slaughterhouse (MACELLO), used in 1575 as a warehouse where isolate purposes sanitation products that arrived in the city by river, became, over time, more and more a deposit available to merchants; This led to the construction of a new river customs, which always was at FILIPPINI, a few dozen meters away. Today the old municipal slaughterhouse (VECCHIO MACELLO) is used for civil and commercial use and it is home to many handicraft shops and the place chosen for the important exhibitions exposure; it also hosts the pizzeria Numero 5, if recommended, a stifling hot summer evening, you could eat a pizza in front of the river. In SAN FERMO CHURCH, according to tradition, in 304 AD were martyred saints Fermo and Rustico and the popular devotion built a church in their honor (V-VI century), although the first traces of this church date back to ‘ VIII century.